The backend (called the “Kitchen Quarterback”) is a simple web based dashboard that can be accessed from any computer or tablet.
- FOH uses the Kitchen Quarterback dashboard to manage the communication with the customer
- Once the customer has entered basic keywords like
- “SERVICE” to request service to the table
- “ORDER” to put an order in, or;
- “CHECK” to get their check
- The Bot executes a HAND OFF of the conversation to a FOH team member (QUARTERBACK)
- This happens when the Tableside Bot CALLS THE KITCHEN QB DASHBOARD
- When the Quarterback answers, they take over the conversation, and can then send out instructions to the floor staff (“Table 21 needs Napkins, Table 19 needs another round etc”)
- FOH Team member takes the customer request in for the tableside TOUCHDOWN.
- Customers message the restaurant’s BOH staff from their phones, while seated at their tables.
- There is no app required for customers to start messaging – they can either:
- Scan the QR code (located on the menu, table tent or POS sign) or enter the url into their phone’s browser
- The Tableside Bot displays and the customer starts messaging.
- Customer can:
- Request their server
- Place a food and drink order, or
- Get their check
- Staff delivers the Touchdown
Scans QR Code or taps link
SERVICE or CHECK messages displays
Customer sends chat message
BOT CALLS KITCHEN QB
Service request sent to BOH Screen
What is Tableside AI?
Tableside AI is a restaurant server bot to help staff serve their customers more efficiently. The three primary features are ORDER, which opens a two-way messaging channel with the Kitchen QB. SERVICE which calls the server to the table and CHECK which sends a request to the BOH to drop the check at the table.
What is the Kitchen QB and how does it work?
The Kitchen QB is the backend dashboard that the FOH uses to respond to messages from customers. The initial messages from customers are screened by the Tableside AI bot before being handed off to the FOH team member to respond to the customers’ request on their Kitchen QB dashboard.
Do I need an app to use the Kitchen QB dashboard?
No. the Kitchen QB is web-based and can be accessed on any browser enabled tablet, laptop or desktop computer with a login and password.
Do my customers need an app to initiate chat on Tableside AI?
No. Customers do not need to download an app. No username or password to remember, they just scan a QR code or enter the URL and start messaging.
How many customers can use Tableside A.I. at one time?
Each Kitchen QB can manage up to five live requests at a time. Additional incoming chats move through the queue as requests are processed and closed out. Each Kitchen QB should be able to effectively manage up to ten tables at a time.
Can customers pay their check?
Not in this version. We are building this feature into 2.0 so stay tuned for that release!
Why are there only three keyword features?
Version 1.0 focuses on three primary pain-points for restaurants. Customers trying to get the attention of the server, make an order and trying to get their check. Tableside AI provides a simple solution to server-table delays. We have deliberately architected this solution to address these three problems in version 1.
So this is like a virtual bell for a butler?
Yes it is. We were going to call the bot Alfred but Batman already had the name.
Does this integrate with a POS system?
No. The basic version is designed to be lightweight and operate without an app, or POS integration. However, custom POS integrations can be built. Contact us for a quote.
I see Emotive Intelligence referenced in emails and other communications. Who are they?
emotiveintelligence.com is the development team behind all RVA and Megaphone AI products.
Powered by Megaphone AI Inc, Emotive Intelligence LLC
3057 NORTH TROY STREET, #2 CHICAGO, IL 606180